PRICHINDEL Puppet Theatre Alba Iulia
MISSION – EDUCATION THROUGH ART
PRICHINDEL Puppet Theatre of Alba Iulia was founded on September 1st, 1952 by decision of the Ministry of Culture, as a professional puppet theatre with juridical personality and reorganized in accordance with the stipulations of O.U.G 21/2007 regarding the companies and institutions which have as field of activity the production of concerts and artistic performances. Since 1995 the theatre is under the direction and oversight of Alba County Council. The theatre’s main objective is the production and presentation of performances for children. Numerous performances were staged, giving life to classic and universal tales, but not only, offering to the youngest viewers the opportunity to experience live the emotions evoked from the stories. Aside from the playful nature, Alba Iulia’s theatre premieres are impregnated with a strong educational characteristic. The battle between good and evil, the main element of the dynamism from the narrative line, brings life to feelings, emotions, sensations and affections in the viewer’s souls, and if this trail is dotted with morals, sayings, proverbs and teachings, then, they remain in the mind of the young spectator, also aiding him, after leaving the performance hall, to relate better to the reality of life and eventually to find optimal solutions according to the specific problems of his age. Our mission is to educate through art.
PRICHINDEL Puppet Theatre Alba Iulia is an active presence in the local community, acting beyond the production and public presentation of its own performances, also, being constantly involved in collaborations, partnerships and cultural projects with other institutions and cultural organizations (Alba Iulia City Hall, Alba County Council, Alba County Public Library “Lucian Blaga”, Student’s House of Culture, Trade Union’s House of Culture, CulturArt Cultural Association , National Museum of Alba Iulia etc.).
By accessing the modern communication resources, Alba Iulia’s theatre is constantly and transparently promoting its activities through press releases, press conferences, its website ( www.teatrulalba.ro), facebook page (www.facebook.com/teatruldepapusi.prichindel), posters, flyers, roll-ups, street banners, thus maintaining itself in the constant attention of the public it addresses.
STORIES INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FESTIVAL
Since 2006 PRICHINDEL Puppet Theatre Alba Iulia, with Alba County Council, established one of the most sought after and popular theatre festivals in Romania, STORIES International Theatre Festival of Alba Iulia – www.fitab.ro. The festival has an original format and is open to all age groups. It includes performances for children, youth and adults, concerts, workshops, CD and book launches, exhibitions (theatrical costumes, photos, cartoons, scenographic sketches), press conferences, thematic discussions etc. The Festival receives its own newspaper throughout the period of its unfolding.
Theatre Halls full of spectators, tickets sold out in the early days of the sale, the straightforward views and opinions of specialists, guests of the festival (directors, actors, set designers, theatre critics) but also spectators, constant requests of foreign theatrical companies to participate in the festival, the expressed desire of theatres and companies who already took part in the festival to return for future editions are just several elements pointing out that over its 13 editions the Stories International Theatre Festival of Alba Iulia has become a prestigious cultural event, both, famous and necessary in the development of regional and national cultural life.
PARTICIPATION IN FESTIVALS
Beyond the quality of festival organizer the theatre from Alba Iulia is invited to participate and constantly attending well-known children’s theatre festivals in the country and abroad: Avignon (France) – Avignon Off Festival, Belfort (France) – Le Solstice de la Marionnette de Belfort, Subotica (Serbia) – International Festival of Children’s Theatres, Szekszárd (Hungary) Deutsche Bühne Ungarn, Chişinău (Moldova Republic) – International Festival of Puppet Theatres UNDER GUGUŢĂ’S HAT, Bucharest – JOY FOR CHILDREN – COLLECTION PERFORMANCES International Festival, Galaţi – International Animation Festival GULLIVER, Cluj Napoca – International Festival of Puppet and Marionette Theatres PUCK, Sibiu – MAGIC ART FEST International Festival, Oradea – ARCADIA Children’s Theatre Festival, Bucharest – Summer Festival THEATRE, STREET AND CHILD, Craiova – COLIBRI Theatre Days, Târgovişte – THE LIVING PUPPETS International Theatre Festival for Children and Youth, Arad – International Festival of Animation Art EUROMARIONETTE-DE-A-FIR A PAR, Brăila – DAYS AND NIGHTS OF THEATRE Festival, Timişoara – EXCALIBUR International Theatre Festival For Children and Youth, Tg. Mureş – IMAGE International Theatre Festival, Sibiu – Unconventional Art Festival LA STRADA, etc.
The numerous participations in festivals present a great opportunity for Alba Iulia’s theatre to make known its performances beyond their home stage. The success in front of the audience is what we want in the first place, but critical acclaim and recognition from specialized juries during theatre contest festivals gives value and recognition to the work of any theatre. Thus, we enumerate several awards received in recent years by Prichindel Puppet Theatre of Alba Iulia:
- SPECIAL PRIZE AWARDED TO THE STORIES INTERNATIONAL THEATER FESTIVAL ORGANIZED BY PRICHINDEL PUPPET THEATER ALBA IULIA – in the 2018 UNITER AWARDS GALA, Alba Carolina Fortress, Alba Iulia.
- THE PRIZE FOR DIRECTING AWARDED TO Mr.TODOR VALOV for THE LITTLE WITCH performance, at the second edition of the International Animation Festival ”Sub bagheta lui MERLIN”, Timişoara, 2017.
- DIPLOMA FOR VISUAL IMPACT – THE LITTLE WITCH performance, directed by Todor Valov, PUCK International Festival, Cluj Napoca, 2017.
- SCENOGRAPHY PRIZE – THE STORY OF LITTLE MUCK performance, directed by Todor Valov, International Puppet Theater Festival ”Sub căciula lui Guguță”, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, 2017.
- THE PRIZE FOR ORIGINALITY OF THE CULTURE OF OBJECTS – THE STORY OF LITTLE MUCK performance, International Festival of Contemporary Animation Theater – ImPuls, Bucharest, 2016.
- SPECIAL JURY AWARD FOR THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE SHOW – THE STORY OF LITTLE MUCK performance, PUCK International Puppet and MarionettesTheaters Festival, Cluj Napoca, 2016.
- PRIZE FOR SCENOGRAPHICAL ORIGINALITY – THE STORY OF LITTLE MUCK performance, directed by Todor Valov, Gulliver International Animation Festival, Galaţi, 2016.
- SCENOGRAPHY PRIZE, International Festival of Puppet Theaters ”Sub căciula lui Guguță”, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, 2014.
- THE PRIZE FOR “INTERPRETATION” AWARDED TO AMALIA POP, International Festival of Puppet Theaters ”Sub căciula lui Guguță”, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, 2014.
- THE PRIZE FOR ORIGINAL MUSIC in THE UNIVERSE FROM THE MAGIC LANTERN performance, GULLIVER INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION FESTIVAL, GALAŢI, 2013
- THE PRIZE FOR THE COMPLEXITY OF SCENE IMAGERY AND INTERPRETATION, International Festival of Puppet Theaters ”Sub căciula lui Guguță”, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova 2012.
- PRIZE FOR THE SKILLFULNESS PORTRAYED IN PUPPET HANDLING in the performance ZULENKA, PUCK Puppet and marionettes Puppet Theater International Festival, Cluj Napoca 2012.
- SPECIAL JURY PRIZE FOR THE ZULENKA ROLE – played by AMALIA POP, GULLIVER International Animation Festival, Galaţi, 2012.
- SPECIAL JURY PRIZE FOR THE ROLE OF THE WITCH ZARALDA – played by TEODORA POPA, GULLIVER International Animation Festival, Galati, 2012.
- THE PRIZE FOR SKILLFULNESS PORTRAYED IN PUPPET HANDLING – ZULENKA performance, International festival for Animation Theater „Bucurii pentru copii, spectacole de colecție”, Bucharest, 2012.
- PRIZE FOR THE LIVE AMBIENTAL MUSIC in THE UNIVERSE FROM THE MAGIC LANTERN, “PUCK” International Festival of Puppet and Marionettes Theaters, Cluj Napoca, 2012.
- PRIZE FOR RITHM AND MUSICALITY IN “WHO WILL GUARD THE BLUEBELLS?”, PUCK International Puppet Theater and MarionettesTheater Festival, Cluj Napoca 2011.
- THE PRIZE FOR THE LIVELINESS AND MUSICALITY IN “WHO WILL GUARD THE BLUEBELLS?”, International Festival of Animation Theater ”Bucurii pentru copii”, Ţăndărică Theater, Bucharest, 2011.
- DIPLOMA FOR CULTURAL MANAGEMENT FOR PROMOTING AND SUPPORT OF THE ANIMATION ART IN THE ROMANIAN AND INTERNATIONAL THEATER LANDSCAPE, awarded to Mrs. IOANA BOGĂŢAN – International Festival of Animation Art ”Bucurii pentru copii”, Ţăndărică Theater, Bucharest, 2010
- THE PRIZE FOR ORIGINAL MUSIC, awarded to Mrs. DORINA CRIŞAN RUSU – for the performance THE WIZZARD OF OZ, International Festival of Puppets and Marionettes Theater Puck, Cluj Napoca, 2006.
- THE PRIZE FOR DIRECTING, awarded to Mr. DANIEL STANCIU – CINDERELLA performance,Gulliver Galaţi Festival, 2003.
- THE PRIZE FOR SCENOGRAPHY, awarded to Mrs. DANIELA VOICILĂ DRĂGULESCU – CINDERELLA Performance, Gulliver Galaţi Festival, 2003.
- THE PRIZE FOR DEBUT IN DIRECTING ANIMATION THEATER, awarded to Mrs. OANA LEAHU – for the performance THE MYSTERIOUS ADVENTURE – Gulliver Galaţi Festival, 2000.
- THIRD PLACE PRIZE IN NATIONAL COMPETITION – F.N.C.R., 3rd edition – for the performance THE GREAT ECLIPSE, 1981.
- THE PRIZE FOR ROLE INTERPRETATION, awarded to the actor ION CRISTESCU – – in HARAP ALB, Puppet Theater Festival Bacau, 1975.
- THE PRIZE FOR ROLE INTERPRETATION – THE GOAT WITH THREE KIDS, Puppet Theater Festival Bacau,1974.
- THE PRIZE FOR THE BEST PERFORMANCE AND ARTISTIC UNIT – for the performance THE GOAT WITH THREE KIDS – Bacau Puppet Theater Festival,1974
- PRIZE for THIRD PLACE – for the performance THE GOAT WITH THREE KIDS – International Festival in Zagreb, Croatia,1973.
- THE PRIZE FOR ROLE INTERPRETATION IN ESPERANTO LANGUAGE, awarded to actress LICSANDRA DRAGU – the performance THE GOAT WITH THREE KIDS, International Festival in Zagreb, Croatia , 1973.
- DIPLOMA FOR ORIGINALITY – for the performance High, Higher and Higher – International Festival of Puppet Theaters Bucharest.
- THE HONORARY DIPLOMA – for the performance The Pig’s Story – BUCHAREST PUPPET THEATERS WEEK.